Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Brand-New Blog!

Okay, I'm new to the blogging business. It probably shows.

I should tell you a bit about myself: I'm a writer, journeying toward what I hope will be personal achievement and professional success. Which for me would be: getting that first novel published. 

You know, when I first started writing, I never thought much about being published. It was more important to write and learn. More writing, more learning. Stop for coffee. Maybe chocolate. Write, write, write. And (hopefully) learn, learn, learn.

Five years later, my focus hasn't changed. I write, I learn. Added to that mix is the desire for others to read what I write. And so, I'm now reaching.

Ask me why I write, and I'll tell you it's because I have to. The words are there, on the inside, wanting to be worn on the outside, like a nice coat. I think they always wanted to be a coat; it's just that for many years, I wore them close to my skin, so I suppose they were underwear. I guess I've had enough of underwear. 

That's probably TMI.

If you're grinning right about now, then I'm glad. I'd hate to think my first blog, ever, would make someone frown. It seems to me blogging should be entertaining, as well as informative, uplifting, inspirational, friendship-oriented and designed with its followers in mind.  That's a lot of expectation, isn't it? The pressure's on.
I only hope my underwear are up to the task.

Have a great week, everyone. I'll be back.

Char

 









No comments:

Post a Comment